Stories of Inspiration
Tell us your story about the teacher who helped change your life.
About the Program
Everyone has someone – a teacher that changed the trajectory of your life. Who got you to believe in your abilities and in yourself. Who said, “You can do this!” and never let you forget it. Who left that indelible impact on your education.
For our President and CEO, Stuart Ellis, that teacher was Mr. Dewey (see Stuart’s story here). We’re betting you have that standout teacher too. And you know exactly who it is.
As we celebrate Charter School Capital’s 10th year supporting charter schools across the country, and in honor of Richard Dewey, we want to give recognition and thanks to the teachers that impact all our lives. So, we want to hear from you – tell us who that teacher is who changed your life and inspired you to be who you are today.
We will share these Stories of Inspiration and donate a total of $10,000 in school grants – $1,000 to 10 different charter schools. Our review panel will select the 10 most inspiring stories and the authors will select the charter school of their choice to receive the donation.
How to submit: Tell us your story in up to 1,000 words. Submit via the form here by October 31, 2017. Our review committee will select 10 most inspiring stories and we will announce these stories after November 17, 2017.
We will post and share all story submissions on this page, our blog and on our social media channels. We look forward to reading your Stories of Inspiration!
- Mr. Dewey, Welby Way Elementary School – By Stuart Ellis
- Mrs. Kalavano, Brush Prairie, WA – By Donna Kopman
- Mrs. Murolo, Sarah Lawrence College – By Maralea Lutino
- Mr. Jones, Antrim Grammar School – By Yvonne Watterson
- Mr. Waters, Taft Senior High School – By Jim Melko
- Mr. Cilono, Lazear Charter Academy – By Fabiola Lilian Harvey
- Mrs. Cooper, Galileo School for Gifted Learning – By Kari Chesse
- Mrs. Hender, Bridgeton Public Charter School – By Ja’Shanna Jones-Booker
- Miss Archer, Ben Hill County Elementary School – By Henry Buford
- Mrs. Hender, Bridgeton Public Charter School – By Courtney McLaughlin
- Mr. Cepeda, Harmony Science Academy Dallas – By Abdiel Palacios
- Mr. Newton, Silver Lakes Elementary – By Jaden Calveiro
- Mrs. Brown, Professional Court Report School – By Caroline White
- Mr. Leopardo, Elk Grove High School – By Jewel Wolfe
- Mrs. Bejarano, Southwest Elementary School – By Stefanie Contreras
- Mrs. Hall, Eagle Ridge Elementary School – By Nicole Aleman
- Mr. Gwen, Keizer Elementary – By Kelliann Amico
- Mrs. Budwill, South Phoenix Prep and Arts – By Ronda Owens
- Mrs. Mendoza, ASU Preparatory Academy – Polytechnic STEM Academy – By Jenifer Hunt
- Ms. Migneault, Nashua Senior High School – By Kirt Nilsson
- Mr. Whetmore, Los Angeles International Charter High School – By Angelique Sims
- Mr. Takazono, Ventura High School – By Malena Jones
- Mr. Williams, Allendale School – By Bryan Hickman
- Teachers of Harmony Public Schools – Submitted by Students
- Mrs. Snowden, Skyview Elementary School – By Blessing Odunayo
- Mrs. Webb, Newport Elementary & Middle School – By Heather Neal
- Mrs. Bernstein, Aikin Elementary – By Madina Mohammad
- Mrs. Nottingham, Charles A. Gill Elementary – By Wendy Rangel
- Mrs. Sevey, Willow Creek Charter – By Jadian Washburn
- Ms. Cannataro, St. Timothy’s Elementary School – By Pat Knepley
- Mrs. Lindsey, Sierra Vista Elementary School – By Jaime Ferguson
- Mr. Bailey, River Springs Charter School – By Sierra Meacham
- Mr. Ward, Archbishop Alter High School – By Michael Britt