Job Title: Asset Manager
Reports To: Sr. Director of Facilities
FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt
Strategically leads and manages investor-focused responsibilities for a portfolio of properties, including production and oversight of accurate, timely financial analysis, management reporting and presentation, debt and equity compliance and related strategy, market research, portfolio risk mitigation, disposition oversight or related work product. Presents with strong financial acumen, subject matter expertise, and adept communication skills. Capable of leading teams of both internal and external stakeholders without direct reports but with a clear focus on achieving desired outcomes. Performs work alongside a broad team and maintains the technical skills to perform direct work as needed.
- Ensures that key reporting and strategic communications for debt and equity providers, including ad hoc reporting, monthly reporting, and overall portfolio compliance are completed on time and to stakeholder needs
- Actively minimizes portfolio risk through the appropriate collective management of tenant, asset, and market research, targeting the best options for capitalization, tenant improvements, and dispositions
- Consistently recommends changes to asset-level and portfolio-level investment strategies while reporting out on portfolio-level data, strategy, IT solutions, and tenant information
- Adeptly identifies high-risk assets or strained clients and leads the effort to change strategy or maximize company or investor financial outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to analyze portfolio level data for trends, revenue, and/or risk mitigation opportunities
- Lead internal teams as point person for investor and lender compliance and reporting
- Prepare regular portfolio level reviews and propose, implement and monitor solutions for under-performing assets
- Mitigate risk through asset financial review, dashboards, and early identification of market- or charter-specific trends, insurance risk, or environmental risk, and review property operations and physical asset attributes from due diligence through stabilization
- Identify improvement projects with an emphasis on return on cost, using financial models to support investment decisions while working to maximize the total return for each asset through the analysis of property
- Complete site visits as needed, including to evaluate physical condition, market fundamentals, and explore opportunities to improve asset or tenant outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manipulate financial and other data to draw insights and drive business decisions and work with platforms that store and report on data
- Work with, refine and/or construct financial solutions and understand their mechanics towards driving value
- Validated expertise in methods of valuation, financial analysis/underwriting, and/or financial underwriting/risk mitigation in a practical setting resulting in actionable outcomes
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams that are striving towards a common company goal, but that have local focuses that are sometimes in conflict
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively reporting into executive leadership
- Ensure proper operational controls, strategic plans, and robust processes to deliver superior value; effective communication of key operational and profit metrics to company leadership
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, business, or related fields; master’s degree preferred
- Five to ten years related experience and/or training in asset management, investment, financial analysis, valuation, underwriting or risk mitigation
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret marketing data, technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal stakeholders, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write email copy, reports, presentations, speeches, articles for publication and other business documentation that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Strong ability to develop, analyze and manage budgets, valuations, and other financial projections. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to predict results based on past performance.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills required. Salesforce experience preferred.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires performing sedentary to light work, exerting up to 25 pounds of force and lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects for oneself, providing objects to others and occasional stooping, crouching, reaching, and grasping. Sitting and standing for up to 60+ minutes at a time are required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position encounters regular and standard professional office details, which include but not limited to operating standard office machinery including a computer, photocopy machine, fax machine and cell phone (not an exhaustive list). Regular travel is required. Ability to legally operate an automobile is also required.
We have a dynamic company culture and a fun workforce. We offer paid time off benefits, competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and 401(k).
Charter School Capital is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse team committed to our mission and values and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.