Join our team to help empower charter schools! Charter School Capital, the leading provider of working and growth capital and facilities financing to charter schools nationwide, is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join our growing team in Portland, OR. Position details follow –
Title: Content Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Full time
Responsibilities include planning, developing, maintaining, and reporting on content for our owned media (webinars, sessions, social, blog), and supporting our paid (advertisements) and earned (public relations) content efforts. This includes strategy, copywriting, curation, light design/ design direction, and messaging.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a content calendar and content strategy for Charter School Capital’s (CSC) lines of business and geographies
- Create and manage the content for CSC’s owned, social, paid and social media efforts
- Ensure we are publishing a regular flow of content that meets business objectives around lead generation, thought leadership and provides persona-specific information along the customer lifecycle
- Ensure the highest standards of SEO are implemented and upheld in all CSC content
- Ability to report on ROI of content in different channels
- Partner with the Director of Marketing and Marketing Operations Manager to deliver engaging content and offers for email campaigns
- Ensure all content is on-brand, written and edited to company standards and in brand voice, highly optimized for search with an approach appropriate to personas and their journeys
- Independently manage multiple projects at one time and aid in the delivery of work from external agencies and freelance partners
- Display superior verbal and written communication skills in addition to successful experience in handling conflicting priorities
- Develop the overall conceptual layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, and various additional content assets.
- Manage relevant videography projects including (when necessary) scripting, camera operation, and light video production
- Experience managing vendors a plus.
- Experience doing the hands-on creation of content while managing strategy is required.
- Proven expertise in modern content marketing – including social media marketing – is critical to the success of this position. Successful candidates will have a blend of B2B and B2C
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field preferred; three to five years’ content marketing experience is required. Demonstrated experience working with external vendors and other partners to achieve set objectives, working with various internal stakeholder groups and cross-functional teams, and working closely with sales teams is preferred.
Demonstrated experience and mastery of SEO, with experience in PPC, display, retargeting campaigns preferred. Mastery across a variety of digital media including web, mobile, social, email, video, etc. is critical for this role.
Experience with demand generation, customer acquisition and engagement is required. Experience optimizing and managing growth in social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Slideshare, YouTube, Instagram) and managing SEM/SEO efforts through Google Adwords is required.
We have a dynamic company culture and a fun workforce. We offer paid time off benefits, competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and 401(k).
Charter School Capital is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse team committed to our mission and values and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply: please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.