Join our team to help empower charter schools! Charter School Capital, the leading provider of working and growth capital and facilities financing to charter schools nationwide, is looking for a Legal Assistant to join our growing team in Portland, Oregon. Position details follow –
Title: Legal Assistant
Reports to: Supervisory Paralegal
FLSA Status: Full-time, non-exempt
The Legal Assistant is responsible for providing document management and underwriting support for Charter School Capital. This position is also responsible for entry level underwriting review and confirming all underwriting criteria are met to insure funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and file documents into Salesforce with various notations and comments
- Order corporate documents and complete process checklists in Salesforce
- Perform UCC searches and file UCC financing statements, amendments and terminations
- Review, send, and process funding documents to schools
- Provide extensive document management and data
- Identify legal, financial, and insurance documents received and enter them into database for paralegal review
- Complete entry level underwriting review for appropriateness, completeness, and details in documents received
- Take initiative to correct any discrepancies, missing data, and contacts client, as needed
- Order and track standard certificates from State agencies
- Ensure underwriting requirements and compliance with internal procedures and policies have been met
- Track public meetings of school sponsors
- Update internal spreadsheet and internal parties of status and developments
- Provide exemplary attention to detail and excellent follow-up to ensure compliance at all levels
- Maintain punctual, regular and predictable attendance
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
- Remain professional and composed under pressure while communicating effectively with other departments
- Display excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers
- Communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Respectfully take direction from manager
- Ability to read and analyze legal documents
- Must be adept at using various applications including:
- Report writing
- Project management
- Word processing
- Presentation creation/editing
- Scheduling software
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We have a dynamic company culture and a fun workforce. We offer paid time off benefits, competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and 401(k).
Charter School Capital is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse team committed to our mission and values and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.