Our busy law department is currently seeking a qualified applicant to fill the position of Legal Assistant. The Legal Assistant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day work of the department, including carrying out administrative services, providing support to the legal team, and ensuring that the company remains in compliance with state legal regulations. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
Title: Legal Assistant
Reports to: General Counsel
FLSA Status: Full-time, non-exempt
As a Legal Assistant, you will be responsible for a variety of administrative and other duties to support the Legal Team, including drafting documents, assisting with closings, tracking deadlines, maintaining and organizing files and databases, performing research, and communicating with vendors. You will possess the ability to prioritize and actively manage and communicate status of projects and assignments. The position interacts regularly with the executive team and requires a professional demeanor and effective communication.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage priorities and projects
- Communicate regularly and effectively with your manager and colleagues about the status of projects
- Track and meet department deadlines
- Assist with closings; draft closing documents
- Word processing, mail merges, redlines, and maintaining data rooms
- Form and dissolve legal entities and assist with corporate filings; apply for EINs
- Draft organizational documents, minutes, resolutions and consents
- Draft business correspondence, notices, consents, and simple agreements and forms
- Perform lien and title searches
- Maintain a filing system and files and databases
- Work in a database to search for, store, and retrieve files and information
- Organize, analyze, and compile information
- Communicate with and oversee vendors
- Notarize documents
- Handle mailings and document distributions
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
- Provide exemplary attention to detail and excellent follow-up to ensure compliance at all levels
- Maintain punctual, regular and predictable attendance
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or three years related transactional real estate and administrative experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- This job requires computer skills. You must be able to type at least 40 WPM.
- You must be adept at using various applications including:
- Report writing
- Project management
- Word processing
- Presentation creation/editing
- Scheduling software
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Notary preferred, or an ability and willingness to become a notary
We have a dynamic company culture and a fun workforce. We offer paid time off benefits, competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and 401(k). Charter School Capital is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse team committed to our mission and values and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.