Are you a star pupil? Then sharpen your #2 pencil and join a high performing team with a mission – better education for children in innovative schools around the country! We’re a team of passionate professionals who value problem-solving, excelling in the workplace, and delivering great service to our customers. We’re looking to hire a highly capable individual with a can-do attitude who can roll up their sleeves, manage a busy desk, and deliver high quality results that enhance the overall performance and capabilities of our operations team.
If your interest is piqued, please keep reading …
Title: Loan Officer
Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Full-time/Exempt
The Loan Officer will collaborate with CSC team members to structure, underwrite, and fund a best-in-class solution that meets the client’s need while upholding CSC’s high credit standards. The individual will gravitate towards CSC’s values of Innovation, Best-In-Class, Empowerment, Teamwork, and Accountability. A strong candidate will be able to successfully conduct interviews with prospective borrowers to determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product and pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. This individual will collect and analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan structure and level of risk. Additionally, they will report on loan portfolio performance and lead efforts to adjust loan product to meet market and investor requirements.
What we are looking for:
- You can successfully perform loan analysis to insure loans conform to investor guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate the structure and terms with the client to sign LOI and/or loan agreement.
- You have exceptional relationship-building skills and can lead the internal working team through the underwriting and closing process.
- You are a quick learner and can maintain a thorough knowledge of and clearly communicate on all CSC products and services including our underwriting process and credit culture.
- You are a highly effective communicator and can prepare and present deals to the internal Funding Committee for approval.
- You possess an expert level of knowledge in lending products/services and the ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
- You have five or more years of lending experience, including credit quality evaluation and structuring
- BA in Finance or related field, or related experience
Who we are:
Charter School Capital provides growth capital and facilities financing to charter schools nationwide. Our mission is to give school leaders access to the resources necessary for schools and their students to thrive. Charter School Capital is the innovative spirit that empowers charter schools. We are a trusted leader in the charter school industry with the expertise that helps schools build a bridge to financial success. Charter School Capital is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse team committed to our mission and values and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.
If you share our belief that every aspect of your work can lead to a positive outcome – this role will provide personal fulfillment and invaluable experience. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we offer you:
We have a dynamic company culture and a fun workforce. We offer paid time off benefits, competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, short term disability, and 401(k) with a company match. In addition to our benefits package, we also offer pre-tax parking options, a yoga room for employee use, and bike storage.
Charter School Capital is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.