Are you a star pupil? Then sharpen your #2 pencil and join a high performing team with a mission – better education for children in innovative schools around the country! We’re a team of passionate professionals who value problem-solving, excelling in the workplace, and delivering great service to our customers. We’re looking to hire a highly capable individual with a can-do attitude who can roll up their sleeves, manage a busy desk, and deliver high-quality results that enhance the overall performance and capabilities of the Product Development team.
If your interest is piqued, please keep reading …
Title: Strategy Financial Analyst
Reports to: Director of Strategy and Product Development
FLSA Status: Full-time/Exempt
The Strategy Financial Analyst will be at the center of a growing, mission-driven company looking to effectively transition itself from a single offering, product-oriented company to a solution-oriented company operating at scale. This position is a good fit for an individual that thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and is able to work both with autonomy and within teams of internal and external stakeholders. This position will help direct efforts related to company strategy, product development, and financial analysis.
A strong candidate will be able to provide timely, relevant and accurate financial analysis and have experience tying specific strategy and product development to effective outcomes vis-à-vis strong analytical capabilities and communication skills. The individual should gravitate towards CSC company values of Empowerment, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork and Best-in-Class.
What we are looking for:
- You will have the ability to support the strategy planning that effectively translates the company’s vision into an actionable plan that addresses the market potential, the company’s position, and its ability to create solutions that drive value for its prospects and clients given the competitive landscape.
- You can also support the effort to evaluate the impact of the company’s strategies through the use of data and market feedback to inform alterations to company strategy, product roadmap, company structure or how the company allocates its resources to accelerate company success towards its vision or revise the vision itself.
- You will participate in the creation and design of client solutions that effectively solve for complex client needs or that utilize the company’s existing product set to drive value for clients and maximize customer lifetime value, specifically by:
- Analyzing client financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow projections, budgets, and audits
- Assessing and evaluating credit risk using both objective and subjective discretion and reasoning
- Effectively collaborating with and communicating to external parties and stakeholders including clients and outside partners
- You can successfully monitor and maintain key financial and operational information through company’s ERP (Salesforce.com)
- You can effectively engage with cross-functional teams through development and implementation stages driven by the ability to collaborate with internal teams
- You are detail oriented and possess strong analytical skills
- You are proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with Mac OS X, and Salesforce.com a plus
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in finance or a related field; or two to four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s Degree in business or related field or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or progress towards CFA designation is a plus.
Who we are:
Charter School Capital provides growth capital and facilities financing to charter schools nationwide. Our mission is to give school leaders access to the resources necessary for schools and their students to thrive. Charter School Capital is the innovative spirit that empowers charter schools. We are a trusted leader in the charter school industry with the expertise that helps schools build a bridge to financial success. Charter School Capital is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse team committed to our mission and values and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.
If you share our belief that every aspect of your work can lead to a positive outcome – this role will provide personal fulfillment and invaluable experience. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
What we offer you:
We have a dynamic company culture and a fun workforce. We offer paid time off benefits, competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, short term disability, and 401(k) with a company match. In addition to our benefits package, we also offer pre-tax parking options, a yoga room for employee use, and bike storage.
Charter School Capital is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.