Working exclusively with charter schools, we measure our success by the number of students we serve. Our mission is to provide school leaders access to the financial and other charter school resources they need
– whether it’s operational capital, growth funding, or facilities expansion.
Our team works with you to determine funding levels based on your school’s needs. Funding levels are linked directly to the money due to your school from the state based on your student attendance. And we manage the administrative details.
Charter School Funding Options
Our charter school working capital financing enables school leaders the flexibility and stability for everyday expenses including payroll, hiring, facilities enhancements, technology, books, and other operating expenses.
Cash flow challenges exist for any organization. Whether your school is growing student enrollment, expanding facilities, implementing new educational programs, or facing budget shortfalls and delays, Charter School Capital provides the right type of funding solution so charter schools can gain ground and achieve success.
We help charter schools access working capital for:
- Expansion and growth of programs and people
- Opening a new charter school
- Facilities enhancements
- Technology in the classroom
- Staff hiring and development
- Budget shortfalls and delays (deferrals, holdbacks, etc.)
- Transportation needs
- Education program enrichment
- Necessary equipment
Our facilities financing product is a long-term lease that finances 100% of your total project cost. It allows schools to access funding through all stages of growth – from start-up to expansion through maturity. As a long-term partner, our team carefully evaluates each school’s existing reserves and percentage of revenue that can be committed to supporting facilities.
Why long-term lease financing?
- 100% financing
- Retain control of your facilities
- Ensures long term affordability
- Enhancements of existing buildings and ground-up construction
- Tenant improvements included in financing
- Customized to school specifications (blended learning model, traditional, etc.)
- Can also finance FF+E and ramp-up support
- Works alongside, bridge to or combined with bonds
We currently own 41 school properties in 11 states, more than $350 million in assets. Schools range in attendance from 135 to 1,200 students with educational programs that include college preparatory, art-focused, STEM schools, and others. Our goal is to aid charter leaders so they have accessible, flexible financing options to meet their schools needs today and the needs they have in the future.
If you need help with charter school facilities expansion, financing, site design and selection, or facility development, our team of experts is here to help you with a needs assessment.
States We Support
While our facilities funding program is national, our working capital product is specifically offered in Arizona, California, Indiana, Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, Minnesota, Texas, South Carolina, Louisiana, Georgia, and Ohio – with many new states joining the list in 2018.