Account Manager – Portland
Join our team to help empower charter schools! Charter School Capital, the leading provider of working and growth capital and facilities financing to charter schools nationwide, is looking for an Account Manager to join our growing team in Portland, Oregon. Position details follow –
Title: Account Manager
Reports to: Director of Client Relations, Portfolio
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Account Manager’s primary functions are supporting the Client Services team’s revenue goals and growth objectives for assigned territories. This position will also be responsible for account retention and create growth strategies for existing client accounts while also proactively managing client satisfaction. The Account Manager should be a self-starter and be able to work without substantial supervision and show the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively manages client satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential problems, and monitoring resolutions
- Works with Director of Client Relations in assigned territory to develop and execute a territory plan based on company goals and expectations
- Provides crisp articulation of Charter School Capital’s (CSC) solutions and capabilities to key contacts within each client account and maintain the ability to cross-sell additional CSC financial product offering
- Develops funding plans for all assigned clients by leading a joint company/client planning process that identifies client Working Capital, Facilities financing, and other potential product offerings needs while establishing a clear action plan
- Manages all inbound and outbound customer communication and organizes or escalates issues appropriately
- Ensures CRM tool (Salesforce) is kept up to date with account data, activities, opportunities, and forecasting
- Serves as primary liaison between clients and CSC’s underwriting and finance teams to ensure timely, clear, and consistent communication with clients to facilitate funding process
- Acts as a client advocate: provide client satisfaction feedback to CSC management and recommend and/or implement operational process improvements that will result in increased client satisfaction
- Periodically travels to customer locations for business reviews and meetings, conferences, and trade shows
- Working experience and knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) as well as Google Docs/Sheets, DropBox, GoToMeeting/Webinar, Salesforce and other social media platforms
- Experience using basic CMS (content-managed system), specifically WordPress. Base-level knowledge of email marketing and SEM activities
- Ability to track and monitor set budgets
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related field or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of account or territory management experience
- Demonstrated track record of maintaining and growing client relationships
- Experience with nonprofits and/or charter schools a plus
We have a dynamic company culture and a fun workforce. We offer paid time off benefits, competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and 401(k).
Charter School Capital is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse team committed to our mission and values and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply: please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.